Thursday, July 28, 2011

The threat of death drives my husband to shop.

Soooo, last week I was tested for pre-eclampsia, because I have very diligent midwives (for the record, my blood pressure was high for me, but not what the medical community considers high. I was feeling some stress.)

HOWEVER, I called my husband after the Midwife dropped the news of the possible complication (and whined like a spoiled brat about not wanting to spend six weeks in bed) and he told me not to google. He did google, however, and approximately three hours later during a text-message conversation wrote: "When I get back, we'll go do some baby shopping." It's how I knew that this was serious. Most of the time, my husband would rather pass a kidney stone than shop.

Last night, he tried some backpedaling, now that we know I'm fine: "It'll be nice for you to get out and shop this weekend."

Note the change from plural to singular.

No comments:

Post a Comment