Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An addendum to yesterday's post

So, as I had to hurriedly finish yesterday, as naptime was not half as long as I expected (or hoped), I am planning to tell my cousin and family. I just want to have all the information before I do. I don't want to start the conversation with "Hey, cuz, your kid may be a ticking time bomb, but I'll be able to tell you more in three months after the lab gets my results back, try not to worry until then." My sarcasm is veiling some anxiety. I do not actually want to have this conversation with my cousin, because I really don't want to have to bring bad news. I'd rather be able to call her up and say "Lucy has a genetic condition, but it's only her. So you don't have to worry unless you really want to."

No comments:

Post a Comment